What factors will affect the price of the system quoted to me?
The price of a solar system can be affected by a number of variables including:
- Government sponsored rebates available
- Quality of panels, inverter and workmanship (huge differences)
- Number of panels
- Tilt and orientation of panels (if tilt frame is required for example)
- Type of inverter - string inverter or micro inverters
- System design and configuration
- Shipping costs for equipment and parts
- Dealer installation costs
- Relocation of objects causing shading, like antennas, whirly birds, pool heating tubing
- Type and angle of roofing (for example, tile or tin)
- Height of roof such as single or multi-storey
- Site preparation needs (for example the condition of roof, slate like concrete tiles that would require grinding space for brackets )
Your local solar power system installer will be able to give you professional advice and pricing (LG Dealer Search).