Checklist before you accept a quote or sign a contract?
After you have decided on a suitable solar system, remember the following before you sign the contract
- Does the price quoted include or exclude money received from the STCs(rebate)?
- Does the price quoted include all the necessary metering changes and paperwork for my local electricity supplier?
- Does the quote include all labour, transportation and inspection charges?
- Does the designer/installer give an accurate estimation of my system’s electricity production with their quotes?
- Are the warranties, including workmanship warranty clearly spelled out?
- What are the payment terms?
- Is there a deposit? When is it required? Is it refundable if I change my mind? If yes, get this in writing.
- Do you need to pay the whole amount or just the difference after the Rebate has been applied?
- Make sure the requested deposit is not too high.
Ask the installer to give you in writing:
- What is the lead time for installation of the system
- What is the lead time for installation of the meter