HOW AND WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect two types of information from you (1) Personally Identifiable Information; and (2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We generally collect your information directly from you. For example, we may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us warranty cards or correspondence (whether by letter, fax or e-mail), visit our web site, participate in our promotions or competitions or when you have contact with us in person.
We may also collection information from your use of our services, for example through cookies and similar technologies. Most cookies will only collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as the kind of device you use to access our site or apps, the IP address, browsing history (such as what you search for, the pages you view, how long you stay, how often you come back). However certain cookies do collect Personally Identifiable Information. For example, if you click “remember my email address” when you sign in to our site, a cookie will store your email address. You can disable these cookies via your web browser.
There may be occasions when we need to source information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information about you from authorised LG service centres, from authorised LG dealers or from third parties involved in a promotion with us. We only collect personal information from a third party that you have consented to or where you would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way.
INFORMATION COLLECTED(A) PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you includes your name, mailing/home address, telephone number, e-mail address or other information you provide to us.(B) NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
OUR DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
LG collects personal information for a number of purposes, which include:
- To provide you with product information;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims and other customer service related activities;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from LG or our partners , or to forward promotional materials to you;
- To fulfill the terms of a competition or promotion;
- To contact you in a response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or other inquiry;
- To pass on your information to our dealer network, as requested by you, to provide you with site inspection services, quotes or other relevant services;
- To allow you to give feedback by rating and reviewing our products.
- Purposes relating to any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in LG or its assets.
- To improve our sites and apps to make them easier to use, and analyse whether our marketing, promotions and offers are effective.
SHARING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
LG will use and disclose personal information for the particular purpose for which it was collected. LG may also use and disclose personal information for purposes that you would reasonably expect are related or ancillary to the main reason it is collected.
LG may disclose your Personal Information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you, for example if you are entering a competition or promotion, LG will disclose your personal information in order to fulfill the terms of the competition or promotion.
- To our service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our websites and provide other administrative services (including but not limited to, providing customer service, sending customer communications on LG’s behalf, database management and promotion fulfillment). We require that our service providers safeguard Personal Information and only use your Personal Information for the purposes we specify.
- To strategic partners , agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated partners, who may use your personal information to contact you with an offer relating to a product or service where you have agreed to receive such promotional offers.
- To LG Service Centres to assist with consumer guarantee and warranty claims.
- To LG’s parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates in order to better serve you. LG may have to share your data with these parties in order to provide you with services that have been requested by you, or so that LG can ensure its products and services are meeting your needs. LG will always ensure that any transfer is completed in compliance with the Privacy Act.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- LG collects non-personally identifiable information in an attempt to provide you with better products and services and to understand how products and services are being used.
TRANSBORDER DATA FLOWS
You may chose to receive information about products, promotions, special offers and other information which relates to our products or services or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may send you such information by email, telephone, SMS text message and/or any other form of electronic messages, post, fax or smartphone apps, social media sites or any other method which becomes relevant from time to time. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer. In addition, if you receive direct marketing from us by email, you will be reminded in the email that you are able to “unsubscribe” from such marketing.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
LG will, on request, provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the Privacy Act.
Your request to obtain access will be dealt with in a reasonable time. LG may recover from you its reasonable cost of providing you with access, for example if you request a large amount of information, or information which is in archive (we will inform you of such costs before providing the information). If LG refuses to provide you with access to the information, LG will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the Privacy Act.
LG will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal information.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION UP-TO-DATE
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to correct this information, or if necessary, we will discuss alternative action with you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Your personal information may be stored either in hardcopy documents, as electronic data, or in LG's software or systems.
We maintain physical security over our paper and electronic data stores and premises, such as locks and security systems. We also maintain computer and network security; for example, we use firewalls (security measures for the Internet) and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.
HOW TO CONTACT US
1300 LG CARE (1300 54 2273)
or write to us at:
The Privacy Officer
LG Electronics Australia Pty Ltd
2 Wonderland Drive, Eastern Creek NSW 2766
P.O. Box 212, Horsley Park NSW 2175
Effective Date: May 2014
Last Updated On: May 2014