LG Electronics, Inc. (LG) is a widely diversified global leader and technology innovator in the consumer electronics. Unlike some rival panel manufacturers fortunes, who rise and fall with the ups and downs of the solar industry, LG manufactures a wide range of products such as flat panel TVs, home appliances, communication equipment and solar modules.
When you are buying a solar module from LG you are dealing with an international company that has the capacity and longevity to provide a reliable backup and makes their warranties count.
LG Solar Panel Warranty Information
The history of LG’s solar business can be traced back to the mid-1980’s, when the LG central research laboratory started R&D on solar technologies. LG considers the solar power business not as a mere business expansion, but an important growth engine for the LG Group.
Today solar manufacturing across the world is going through a consolidation phase. A similar consolidation occurred in TV manufacturing 20 years ago. From a field of many manufacturers, only a small number manufacture flat panel TVs today. LG is one of those leaders. We believe that solar will follow a similar scenario.
If you are considering purchasing LG solar panels, then please take the time to read our warranty brochure for all the details.
Here is a summary of the key warranty advantages:
- LG solar panels are manufactured in a fully automated solar panel production facility. As a result of the automated processes, every solar panel must be within hundreds of a millimetre the same as the next.
- LG solar modules have been manufactured with great care and undergoes final functionality testing, prior to shipment. Our input materials and manufacturing processes are subject to strict quality control and our product testing laboratory has been certified by TUV Rheinland of Germany and Underwriters Laboratories, USA, a first in the solar industry.
- The warranty is provided by the LG Electronics subsidiary in Australia. Therefore, you will be dealing with the LG Australia office in Eastern Creek, Sydney for any warranty claims - not an overseas company.
- We provide you with a 25 years manufacturer’s warranty on NeON modules and 15 years on Mono X modules (parts and labour). As LG is a diversified manufacturer, any warranty from LG is backed up by multiple income streams, an important factor during the uncertain times of the solar industry. Subject to the terms of the warranty document, LG will for a period of twenty-five (25) years for NeON range or 15 years for Mono X range from date of installation authorise a free of charge repair or replacement of the module, for a manufacturing defect.
- The warranty also covers labour and transport close to major population areas. LG do not just give you a replacement panel, we make sure it is installed properly.
- LG offers you a transferable warranty, so if you sell your property, the warranty transfers to the new owner.
- LG solar also operates a dealer network across Australia. So, in years to come, should your existing solar installer not be in business, there will still be an authorised LG solar dealer taking care of your system. We call it the peace of mind proposal.
For more information regarding the LG solar panel warranty, please download the solar warranty brochure.